Cyber-crime is a real and present threat in the digital age. Yacht owners are not immune as the maritime sector faces a multitude of emerging and present cyber extortion threats.
The increasing trend of networking information technology and operational technology onboard yachts and within port control systems has increased the sector’s vulnerability.
Cyber extortion comes in many forms, including ransomware and denial of service or threats to disclose confidential information. The financial amount involved is one thing but such demands also exert enormous pressure on companies, with loss of reputation a real threat.
As well as protecting the Assured and its related subsidiaries against cyber threat and extortion, a Preventive Crisis Consultation, providing a Crisis Management Plan for the prevention of and response to insured events, is always included.
The critical element of this new insurance is our capability to respond and assist clients in case of cyber-attacks. To ensure excellence, we have established a partnership with NYA International, a leading global risk and crisis management consultant, for cyber extortion response, crisis management and loss prevention services.
Cyber Extortion Crisis Management includes:
- Operation of a 24/7 dedicated hotline specifically for cyber incident response.
- Response Consultants with comprehensive experience in cyber extortion, crisis and threat management, and crisis communications.
- Associates specialising in forensic investigations, assessments and restitution of networks/systems.
- Advice on the consultation and engagement of legal advisors and any potential compliance issues.
Norwegian Hull Club and NYA International also offer:
- Cyber internal threat assessment
- Crisis management plans
- Cyber extortion awareness work shops
- Cyber extortion training/simulation/exercises