Cyber-crime is a very real threat in the digital age. Shipping companies are not immune and the trend of networking information technology, together with operational technology onboard vessels and within port control systems, has increased the sector's vulnerability.
Cyber extortion comes in many forms, including ransomware and denial of service or threats to disclose confidential information. The financial amount involved is one thing but such demands also exert enormous pressure on companies, with loss of reputation a real threat.
As well as protecting the Assured and its related subsidiaries against cyber threat and extortion, a Preventive Crisis Consultation, providing a Crisis Management Plan for the prevention of and response to insured events, is always included.
The critical element of this new insurance is our capability to respond and assist clients in case of cyber-attacks. To ensure excellence, we have established a partnership with NYA International, a leading global risk and crisis management consultant, for cyber extortion response, crisis management and loss prevention services.
Cyber Extortion Crisis Management includes:
- Operation of a 24/7 dedicated hotline specifically for cyber incident response.
- Response Consultants with comprehensive experience in cyber extortion, crisis and threat management, and crisis communications.
- Associates specialising in forensic investigations, assessments and restitution of networks/systems.
- Advice on the consultation and engagement of legal advisors and any potential compliance issues.
Norwegian Hull Club and NYA International also offer:
- Cyber internal threat assessment
- Cyber extortion awareness work shops
- Cyber extortion training/simulation/exercises
Norwegian Hull Club – the Preferred Leader
When placing insurance with Norwegian Hull Club as Leader, an Assured has access to claims handling experience, service levels and competence of the highest quality. We handle claims and critical situations in the most professional way. We prioritise and make claims settlements much quicker than the industry average, through practical, solution-driven claims handling and involvement from notification to final payment. Norwegian Hull Club encourages teamwork together with the Assured and the broker.
Our world-leading contingency support and operational intelligence services are developed from handling some 2,500 claims every year. We organise a wide variety of loss prevention activities for both ship and shore-based staff, sharing experience from actual incidents, aimed at improving industry best practice.